Effective Date: 1 March 2017
FIGJAM collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The Services are provided by FIGJAM, and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by FIGJAM.
- Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services. This Statement also applies to information we collect from or about Service Providers, Partner Companies, or any other persons who use the FIGJAM platform under license (collectively “Service Providers”).
Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, notes, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we collect your precise location data from the FIGJAM app used by the Service Provider. If you permit the FIGJAM app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Profile Information: Clients and user’s email address and other information is not shared or displayed to other users.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service, date and time the service was provided, amounts, and other related transaction details.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information about how you and site visitors interact with our Services, preferences expressed, and settings chosen.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Important Information About Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the FIGJAM app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Service Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of FIGJAM and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, and referrals.
Sharing of Information
Except as otherwise described in this privacy statement, FIGJAM will not disclose personal information to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary and includes as follows:
- Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Service Provider to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, and locations with Service Providers for troubleshooting;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With FIGJAM subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our FIGJAM agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FIGJAM or others;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Account Information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your Figjam Cloud Portal. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
- Access Rights
FIGJAM will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
- Location Information
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your service location information from a Service Provider’s device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
- Your Privacy Rights
FIGJAM does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
- Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you with notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com